What is PrintMeDoodles?
- We are turning your drawings into personalized gifts.
How do I submit my artwork?
- For already existing art, you use the file upload in the product you want to have made.
- If you are local you can come and create your art piece in our Ojai Studio.
What kind of file do you need of my artwork?
- If you are using your own markers, we prefer an upload as SCAN over a photograph due to light and shadow issues across the drawings.
What do you print my art onto?
- We print onto fabric, mugs, pillows, blankets, socks, t-shirts,...
What technique do you use to do that?
- It's called sublimation printing. It is when a solid material turns into a gas without going through a liquid stage. This means that the artwork is transferred to an object in a gas state by using a high temperature heat press during the dye sublimation printing process.
What's the best medium to create my artwork?
- You can use regular markers, paint, crayons or sharpie to draw your picture and upload it when purchasing your custom product. Using pencils can work but due to thin line work, some detail can be lost.
- If you want to create your item at home or you are a local in Ojai, California, our markers getting amazing results!
Can we draw at your shop and take home the product the same day?
- Yes you can! Reserve your spot in our studio and pick the product you want to complete during your doodle time.
What are sublimation markers?
- Instead of using a sublimation printer, you use the markers to decorate any substrate for sublimation. You are able to draw on regular copy machine paper and transfer it onto your product. That's what makes it so perfect for kids.
Are the markers safe for kids?
WARNING: Choking Hazard – Small Parts. Not intended for children under 3 years. The markers are:
- Not Toxic Acute
- Not a Skin Irritant
- Not an Eye Irritant
- Not Corrosive
- Not a Strong Sensitizer
- Not Toxic Chronic
Why does the package say, not intended for children?
- The markers itself are safe for children to use, to create artwork on paper. In order to complete the entire item, the usage of a heat source (iron or heatpress) is needed, which should not be used by children, that's why.
Why do the colors look dull when drawing on paper?
- Just like traditional sublimation, the color on the paper will become vibrant once the image is transferred onto the polyester blank. That’s the magic in our marker!
Do I need special paper to draw on?
- Just regular copy paper is all you need! I you use a coloring page and fill in the colors, the outlines won't be transferred. Just keep that in mind.
How do I create text-based designs if I can't write backwards?
- There are numerous ways to achieve great text-design results without learning how to write backwards!
- Write normally with a ball point pen or permanent marker, flip the piece of paper over, and trace! Surprise, only the Artesprix Iron-on-Ink image will transfer.
- Use a stencil.
- Use a light-box or a window.